Sunday, March 15, 2009

RODEO!!!!!!


This was actually the second year that we took Isabella to the Rodeo, but she doesn't really remember last year so for her it was an all new experience. Bella and I were both under the weather Friday. She had strep throat and I thought I was coming down with it too (mine isn't strep thankfully), but Kyle had already scheduled for us to take the youth to the Rodeo Friday night, so off we went with LOTS of Kleenex in the bag! Mom and Dad called to see if Bella wanted to stay with them while we went to the Rodeo, but she was already so excited about going she chose to go with us. She had a lot of fun watching the rodeo events. Her favorite was the Steer Wrestling (aka "knocking down the cow") and the Bareback/Saddle Bronc (aka "the jumping horses"). Clint Black was the concert performer and we enjoyed seeing him. It was a little funny to watch the youth during the concert. They obviously had never heard most of the songs and it made me feel a little old to realize that! :)
We also had tickets to the rodeo on Saturday. We took Bella to the livestock show before the rodeo. I've included some of those pictures too. We met Kristi and Shahla at the rodeo on Saturday. Josh Turner was the concert performer. I've been a fan of his music, but had never heard him in concert before. I would definately recommend going to see him in concert if you get a chance. I was very impressed with the fact that he spent a portion of the concert singing songs about God, even one that very clearly presented the Gospel. I've been to many concerts before where they sang a song that mentioned God and then followed it with a drinking/cheating/you fill in the blank song. Throughout the entire concert there were none of these types of songs, which was very refreshing.

So we have tickets to the rodeo again on Friday to see Taylor Swift. Bella has finally learned to say her name correctly and can't wait until the concert. Honestly, I can't wait either. I'm really excited.







Having fun with Aunt Kristi!!!! :-)

















With Shahla...but "not David"
(which Bella wasn't happy about when I told her!)















Bella loved her boots so much she wanted
to wear them to church this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment